Please Join Us!
The CAIU and CASTL invite you to a night of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and casino games on Saturday, Nov. 26, from 6 to 9 P.M. at the Whitaker Center, 222 Market St., Harrisburg.
Cocktail (semi-formal) attire.
Help us bring Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to Dauphin, Cumberland, and Perry counties.
Recognizing that early access to books in the home is the most critical factor in a child’s success as a learner, the Imagination Library provides a new, free book every month to children from birth to age five.
The families and children in the capital region do not yet have access to the Imagination Library. Our goal is to raise $500,000 to start the Imagination Library in Dauphin, Cumberland, and Perry counties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the lives of children in our community. Please join us and enjoy a night out in support of this amazing program.
Street Parking downtown is FREE after 5Pm, and all-day on Sunday. Saturday there's 4 hours of free parking if you download the ParkMobile app and use the promo code LUVHBG.
Pay Parking Lot
This lot is located on Locust Street just a short walk across Walnut Street.
Capital Parking Spots
These spots are available on Commonwealth Ave. in the State Capitol Complex. They will be marked as reserved but are FREE to the public after 5PM and on the weekends.
Walnut Street Parking Garage
The entrance ramps are accessed from N Court Street and Walnut Street.
Up to 2 hours - $10
Up to 4 hours - $15
Up to 24 hours - $30
Under the direction of Chef Bobby Miller, Dauphin County Technical School's culinary art students are preparing delicious hors d'oeuvers for Monte Carlo night. Let's get our taste buds ready for an amazing menu.
- Charcuterie Display - Various Cured Meats & Variety of Cheeses
- Smoked Salmon Crostini
- Caprese Skewers
- Salmon and Cucumber Tea Sandwich
- Prosciutto Arugula Tea Sandwich
- Hot Mushroom Bruschetta - Vegan
- Hot Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Turtle Cheesecake in Phyllo
- Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Strawberry
- Chocolate Mousse
Tickets are non-refundable.
Why help us fund an Imagination Library in our region?
- The percentage of families living in poverty in the capital region range from 7.6% in Cumberland County, to 8.5% in Perry County, and 11.6% in Dauphin County.
- 61% of America’s low-income children are growing up in homes without books
- Books in the home are the single biggest indicator of academic success — surpassing income, parents’ education, family composition, and all other factors. To do well in school, children need to grow up in homes rich with books.
- Academically, children growing up in homes without books are on average three years behind children in homes with lots of books, even when controlled for other key factors such as income and parents’ education.
- A two-decade long study found that the mere presence of a home library increases children’s academic success, vocabulary development, attention and job attainment.
Opportunities to Support an Imagination Library in the capital region:
Looking to make a big impact? Become a sponsor for the event! Sponsor food, drink, music, or even a gaming table. Click here to sponsor!
Your sponsorship includes your logo displayed on the sponsored item, on our website, and in the program.
Want to donate in a different way? Donate a Raffle Basket!
Your basket donation comes with recognition on signage at the event, on our website, and in the program.
Can’t attend but want to help us change the lives of the children in our region? Make A Tax-Deductible Donation.
All proceeds benefit CASTL and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library of Dauphin, Cumberland, and Perry counties.