The Administrative Services Team is led by Dr. Mary Jane Gales, Executive Director. Rennie Borreli serves as her executive assistant. She supervises Shirley Taylor who runs the copy and mailroom and Sally Fike who is our main lobby receptionist. The Administrative Services Team also includes Mark Hennes, Supervisor of Special Projects, and his support staff: Bethany Rohler.
Administrative Team Services
- Consultation Services via phone/ email - Provides accurate, timely responses to questions or concerns; provides guidance or referrals to other professionals as requested
- Information Dissemination - Shares pertinent, accurate and timely information from PDE and other agencies, organizations and individuals in an effort to keep superintendents informed
- Legislative Liaison - Makes legislative information available; represents the CAIU in various forums influencing legislation; maintains a working relationship with the Secretary of Education, State Board, PSBA, PASA, Legislators; creates opportunities for superintendents to meet with legislators
- New Superintendents’ Induction Series - Coordinates meaningful opportunities for new superintendents to learn from experienced superintendents
- Superintendents’ Advisory Council - Plans and facilitates monthly meetings for superintendents which include appropriate agenda items and encourage participation and discussion
- Superintendents’ Leadership Conferences - Collaboratively plans and facilitates spring and fall leadership conferences that meet the superintendents’ needs and move the CAIU region forward in achieving shared goals
- Governor’s Conference on Higher Education – Provides administrative support to an annual conference focused on issues of concern to institutions of higher education.
- International Baccalaureate Projects – Provides administrative support to a PDE program to reimburse select districts' IB testing expenses.
- Project Development/Program Evaluation Services – Special Projects team members assist other CAIU teams in developing new projects and services.
- PA Institute for Instructional Coaching – Provides fiscal, administrative and management support for this statewide initiative to improve instructional coaching skills in PA schools.
Capital Region Partnership for Career Development
The PCD is a collaborative effort of the CAIU, its member districts/technical schools, community businesses, agencies and postsecondary partners. This Partnership works to build a system of K-12 career development, to connect students to postsecondary options, and to improve workforce and economic development in our region.